This regularly updated list has been updates with a list of schemes that have told HMRC they meet the conditions to be a ROPS and have asked to be included on the list. In this update 11 scheme names have been added to the list and one name amended.
The list of changes is shown below:
- Fab superannuation fund
- Caisse de prevoyance des avocats, des huisiers de justice et autres independants OFP
- Abacus Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Andromeda Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Cornhill Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Cygnet Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Fortress Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Metro Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Resot Group Plc Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Asterix Retirement Annuity Trust
An updated list of ROPS notifications is published on the first and 15th day of each month. If this date falls on a weekend or UK public holiday the list will be published on the next working day.
Sometimes the list is updated at short notice to temporarily remove schemes while reviews are carried out, for example, where fraudulent activity is suspected.
The requirements to be a ROPS changed from 6 April 2017. You’ll need to check that the scheme you’re transferring to on or after that date meets the new requirements.
HMRC cannot guarantee these are ROPS or that any transfers to them will be free of UK tax. It’s your responsibility to find out if you have to pay tax on any transfer of pension savings.
More details here