HMRC’s have issued an updated version of their BPT user guide for the 2019-20 tax year.
The BPT is free to use payroll software where a business has 10 or less employees, the tool has been available since 6 April 2019.
The guide is designed to help those employers use the BPT, there are screenshots and instructions that are simply written so aiding those with little or no experience with running a payroll.
The Basic PAYE Tools user guide contents are:
- Find your way around the BPT
- Prepare to use the BPT
- When to send your payroll submission
- Paying your employees and calculating the deductions
- Calculate how much to pay HMRC each month
- Paying Employers’ PAYE and NIC
- Tell HMRC that you did not pay any staff wages in a whole tax month
- Annual reporting and tasks
- Payrolling Benefits in Kind (PBiK)
- Back up your data